Warum sollte ich Goteo für mein Projekt verwenden?
Also, through Goteo you can:
- Give visibility to your projects, ensuring that the community participates right from the start, bringing their collective knowledge to it.
- Receive advice to improve the public communication of your projects: adapting them to the free and open philosophy, or to think about appropriate collective returns.
- Have access to specific social media tools and post content to spread your work through the Internet.
- Form part of a specialised social network, with local impact and international reach from which numerous synergies and possibilities can emerge.
Wer kann hier Projekte veröffentlichen?
There is only one indispensable requirement: you must be over 18 (if this is not the case, your project can be presented by your tutor or legal representative).
(Even though holding a bank account in Spain is no longer indispensable, if your bank account is outside Spain you must take into account the variations of income due to the currency exchange rate - if this is the case -, and the spike in service charges for international transactions, which you must cover yourself).
Welche Phasen gibt es bei der Entwicklung eines Goteo-Projekts?
- Sign-up and detailed description
- Selection and, in the case of being accepted, revision
- Publication and two rounds of co-financing (40+40 days)
- Communication of results and rewards
Wie präsentiere ich mein Projekt?
To help you in this phase, Goteo has an assistant to guide you through the whole process, explaining the importance of the decisions you need to take at each step and the type of information to provide.
Wie kann ich das Budget des Projekts bestimmen?
When elaborating the budget, we have the following recommendations:
- Break-down diligently the fees (yours, and those of your collaborators), material costs, sub-contracts, etc. Be careful with budget planning, since the amount of money you ask for cannot be modified once you have started the crowdfunding campaign.
- Take into account the costs derived from management and production of the collective and individual rewards (many crowdfunding projects get in trouble for not having foreseen this issue well enough).
- Don't forget to consider the current commissions: 4% in terms of services provided by Goteo, and an average of 2% in terms of service charges, be that through bank transfer or Paypal.
Warum gibt es ein minimales und ein optimales Budget?
- The minimum budget is the capital necessary to develop the initial, critical and indispensable parts to start the project rolling.
- The optimum budget is for the additional parts of the project, which improve or refine it (increase production, translate to different languages, offer it in different mediums etc).
Wie hoch ist der Mindest- und Höchstbetrag, der für ein Projekt verlangt werden kann?
- The minimum amount in order for a project to be published on Goteo is around 3.000€. For smaller projects, we understand that, generally, it might not be worth the effort to maintain a funding campaign of up to 80days, or to dedicate enough resources to sustainably generate the collective reward of value for the community. Nevertheless, each project is a world unto itself, and must be analysed in detail regarding the possibility of covering its minimum costs.
- There is no upper limit, but the person or people who lead the project must gauge their capacity for management and response carefully. Also, we need to be realistic and understand that the crowdfunding process though Goteo will develop progressively, gradually generating a community and a climate of trust which will allow us to engage with larger projects.
What are collective returns?
It's about the development of common good through the creation of rewards oriented to the commons, which permit the reuse, remixing, new uses and values from what has been created. At the same time as seeking the viability of the projects for the promotors, Goteo also looks for the best possible benefit for the community with the objective of creating social capital and that other people can create opportunities, products and and economically sustainable services derived from the projects.
The collective returns can be very diverse: share knowledge and free access to source code; derivative resources or services; training through didactic manuals, workshops and/or via Internet; rough materials, files and digitizable content (e.g. a template/pattern, a design, methodology or programme) that can be replicated, reused, remixed etc.
How should I plan and manage the collective rewards?
The way to formalise the collective rewards depends on the nature of each project. If it is code, we recommend repositories such as Github. If it is the case of documents, you can share the drafts and alpha versions on a wiki or an online publishing service, or upload them via FTP to some server where they can be downloaded. If it is a video, we recommend publishing it on Vimeo or YouTube.
In general, when considering online places to work or host content related to your project, choose platforms that are as accessible and open as possible, in order to maximise their promotion and coherence with the commons. If, instead of digital (online) rewards, it is a case of physical (offline) ones, think about public spaces and try to apply the same principles of openness and accessibility.
Was sind individuelle Belohnungen?
These rewards can be tangible (an object related to the project, a publication, a t-shirt etc.) or intangible (appearing in project credits or other high visibility spaces in the project, "premium" or advance access to contents, specially adapted services, participation in the production, private passes, invitations to parties and presentations, a share in the ownership of the project and possible benefits etc.)
The rewards should be attractive, exclusive and original and there should be possibilities both for the small cofunder and those people or organisations who can give more. We recommend not offering too many levels of contribution and ensuring that they are clearly differentiated and scaled to facilitate the decision of the cofunder.
Wie sollte ich individuelle Belohnungen planen und verwalten?
In the project's sign-up formulaire, you will be able to set and define in detail the contributions related to each reward, their typology and how many units of each are offered to co-financiers. Later, when the project has achieved its funding objective, in the platform you will have access to a series of tools in order to manage shipping and make effective the individual rewards you have committed to.
Welche Art von Zusammenarbeit kann ich erfragen?
The collaboration is requested when registering the project but can be changed, and new requests can be made, throughout the campaign process. Think on that among your cofunders there are real talents and agents willing to accompany the project, so you need to value equally people that help you financially and those who collaborate as volunteers.
Never lose sight of the community - it is the motor behind Goteo. Every drop counts! Try to integrate collaborators in the growth process, thinking about possible collective returns, individual rewards or even shares that hadn't been initially foreseen.