Warum sollte ich Goteo für mein Projekt verwenden?
Also, through Goteo you can:
- Give visibility to your projects, ensuring that the community participates right from the start, bringing their collective knowledge to it.
- Receive advice to improve the public communication of your projects: adapting them to the free and open philosophy, or to think about appropriate collective returns.
- Have access to specific social media tools and post content to spread your work through the Internet.
- Form part of a specialised social network, with local impact and international reach from which numerous synergies and possibilities can emerge.
Welche Art von Projekten können teilnehmen?
We're focussed on projects with an "open DNA": free culture, social action, free hardware and software, alternative economy, architecture, gastronomy, research, permaculture, learning etc. which contribute to the enrichment of the commons through collective returns thanks to free and/or open licenses (Creative Commons or GPL for example).
These are projects, therefore, that share information, knowledge, processes, results, responsibilities, benefits, digital content and other resources related to the proposals for which they are seeking help and crowdfunding.
Warum sollte ich in die hier vorgestellten Projekte investieren?
In addition, through Goteo you can:
- access diverse projects focussed, produced and/or distributed from a free and open perspective.
- help them financially according to your means (from €5), but also collaborating through abilities or concrete resources, or helping to disseminate the projects which most motivate you.
- benefit from the access to the collective returns specified in each case as well as possible individual rewards.
- form part of a specialized social network with local impact and international reach from which numerous synergies and possibilities can emerge.
Was ist Goteo?
Wie ist die Goteo-Gemeinschaft territorial organisiert?
Sozialgut vs. Gemeinschaftsgüter - Worin besteht der Unterschied?
This means that they ensure that the project is transferable and reusable by other people and collectives (common good) according to the rights which govern free knowledge and which are usually regulated through free and open licences.
Was ist Crowdfunding und wie wird es hier eingesetzt?
Goteo is a new way, based on this model, to stimulate collaborative projects of an open and/or free nature. As an alternative or complement to financing from public administrations or private companies, Goteo reactivates the co-responsable role of civil society.
Goteo provides an opportunity for individuals and small organisations with non-generalist projects and with difficulties in accessing resources to get help to begin projects which will later be sustainable and durable.
Wer kann hier Projekte veröffentlichen?
There is only one indispensable requirement: you must be over 18 (if this is not the case, your project can be presented by your tutor or legal representative).
(Even though holding a bank account in Spain is no longer indispensable, if your bank account is outside Spain you must take into account the variations of income due to the currency exchange rate - if this is the case -, and the spike in service charges for international transactions, which you must cover yourself).
Wer kann und wie wird ein Knoten angelegt?
All this is articulated around the commons, open source, and free knowledge, in order to champion community social development by managing both the local Goteo platform and the promotion of the projects.
In order to set in motion a local node, the interested agent must:
- Produce a small-scale study of the local context, in relation to project leaders and co-financiers.
- Have availability of the minimum funds in order to maintain human resources and the tasks related to the management of the node.
- Cover the corresponding part of the social investment fund to which all the nodes contribute in order to support the projects.
- Establish a phase in order to familiarise themselves with the platform and the operation of the system.
If you are interested in organising a local Goteo node in your area, get in touch with us.
How do I choose which project to support?
Take your time to research the projects under campaign and choose the one which is closest to you in subject matter, geographical proximity, and kind of rewards. You'll surely find the one made just for you, one which you can become part of! If this is not the case, write us and tell us about other kinds of projects which we should help promote, or propose a project of your own :).
Was sind die Stärken und Unterschiede der Plattform?
- Commons, open and free: we promote projects working for the commons, open code and/or free knowledge, putting the accent on the public mission and favouring free culture and social development.
- Free and/or open licences:: projects that wish to be cofunded with the help of Goteo must permit, through the use of licences, the copying, public communication, distribution, modification and/or use of part or all of each creation.
- Collective return: Goteo seeks the social return of investments and for this reason apart from individual returns, the system is based on collective returns for the development of the commons.
- Social investment market: We manage a feeder capital (capital riego) with contributions prom public and private institutions and businesses for co-responsible investment with a multiplying effect in projects that rely on the support of civil society.
- Distributed collaboration: In Goteo, apart from monetary contributions, it is possible to collaborate through services, material resources, infrastructure or by participating in specific microtasks needed for the development of projects.
- Two crowdfunding rounds of 40+40 days: There are two cofunding rounds, each with a duration of 40 days. The first is an "all or nothing" round for the minimum essential budget, while the second is for an optimum sum to carry out additional improvements.
- Community of local nodes: Goteo is a community of communities, a network of local, independent, inter-coordinated nodes which serve to localise the digital, contextualising it.
Welche Phasen gibt es bei der Entwicklung eines Goteo-Projekts?
- Sign-up and detailed description
- Selection and, in the case of being accepted, revision
- Publication and two rounds of co-financing (40+40 days)
- Communication of results and rewards