Gibt es thematische Knoten?
That is, experts in, and individuals enthusiastic about a specific subject that operate from any geographical location as influencers, counselling or promoting projects in the process of funding related to a specific field such as, for example, art, technology, education, etc.
Welche Phasen gibt es bei der Entwicklung eines Goteo-Projekts?
- Sign-up and detailed description
- Selection and, in the case of being accepted, revision
- Publication and two rounds of co-financing (40+40 days)
- Communication of results and rewards
What do I receive in exchange for my help?
You'll be a participant in the collective returns created by the project which are are really the main point of Goteo which pursues the social profitability of the investments made via the platform - commons, which permit the reuse, remixing, new uses and values from what has been created
At the same time as seeking the viability of the projects for the promotors, Goteo also looks for the best possible benefit for the community with the objective of creating social capital and that other people can create opportunities, products and and economically sustainable services derived from the projects.
The collective returns can be: sharing knowledge and free access to source code; derivative resources or services; training through didactic manuals, workshops and/or via Internet; rough materials, files and digitizable content (e.g. a template/pattern, a design, methodology or programme) that can be replicated, reused, remixed etc.
You can also receive an individual reward which varies depending on the quantity you contribute. These rewards are exclusive and different and can be tangible (an object related to the project, a publication, a t-shirt etc.) or intangible (appearing in project credits or other high visibility spaces in the project, "premium" or advance access to contents, specially adapted services, participation in the production, private passes, invitations to parties and presentations, a share in the ownership of the project and possible benefits etc.)
Is there a Goteo node near me?
Warum kostenlose und/oder offene Lizenzen verwenden?
Free and/or open licences not only permit the preservation of the authorship and control over uses derived from the creations, but is a real mechanism of replication and distribution through followers, prosumers and disseminators. It is an ever more rich and diverse source of common content where many people look to find all types of inspiration, talent and resources (educational, artistic, documentaries etc).
For all these these reasons, and always taking into account that Goteo guarantees precisely renumeration for the ideation and creation of projects (which at the same time can have their own parallel mechanisms for economic sustainability), we share the increasingly widespread opinion that free and/or open licences do not harm, but can only benefit projects and the people behind them and society in general.
Goteo suggests, and offers advice about, a series of licences such as Creative Commons (CC), General Public Licence (GPL), GNU Affero General Public Licence (AGPLv3), Open Database (ODBC), Licencia Red Abierta Libre Neutral (XOLN) and Open Hardware Licence (OHL). You can see the details of these and other licences at Creative Commons, Free Software Foundation or Safe Creative.
Wie präsentiere ich mein Projekt?
To help you in this phase, Goteo has an assistant to guide you through the whole process, explaining the importance of the decisions you need to take at each step and the type of information to provide.
¿Cómo puedo contribuir a cofinanciar un proyecto?
While the other crowdfunding platforms only contemplate a single fund-raising campaign per project, in Goteo we have established two rounds of crowdfunding, of 40 days each (40+40). Thus, the contributions that fund a project can take place in any of the two rounds, throughout a sum total of 80 days.
- First round: This is the critical crowdfunding round, when we raise funds on an "all or nothing" basis. Thus, it is crucial to achieve the budget defined as minimum by the project leaders in order to set the project in motion.. Is this minimum is not reached, the project won't obtain any of the committed funds. So, in this round, the money you commit will only be paid out from your bank account if the sum total obtained through all the contributions reaches the minimum budget by the end of the 40-day campaign.
- 2nd round: If the minimum budget has been achieved throughout the first crowdfunding round, then the second round is launched, with the same duration - 40 days - linked to the optimum budget - which can allow the rest of project production and other tasks, related to sophistication or improvement. In this round, projects present their progress in real time, and all contributions by a co-financier are made effective, regardless of whether the optimum budget is completed or not.
Who's behind this initiative?
Was passiert, wenn ein Projekt die Mindestfinanzierung NICHT erreicht?
In case you marked the option "Keep my donation into my Virtual Purse", or used your Virtual Purse as payment system, your money will be kept in the platform at your disposal any time you want to support any other crowdfunding campaign through Goteo, with no need to introduce your credit card or PayPal data again.
The project itself will be archived, freeing up space and visibility for other projects on the platform.
Wie wird Goteo unterstützt?
All das klingt toll, aber wie kann ich mein Projekt "öffnen"?
If this is not enough for you, let's talk. The mission of the Goteo Foundation is the diffusing, promotion and applied research around the commons, open source and free knowledge, in different social, cultural and economical realms. This is why we offer specialised guidance and advice to project leaders on how to configure or adapt their projects: kinds of licences, collective rewards, new products and derived services, etc. This guidance is produced by the Foundation and a community of experts and enthusiasts in specific subject areas.
Wie kann ich das Budget des Projekts bestimmen?
When elaborating the budget, we have the following recommendations:
- Break-down diligently the fees (yours, and those of your collaborators), material costs, sub-contracts, etc. Be careful with budget planning, since the amount of money you ask for cannot be modified once you have started the crowdfunding campaign.
- Take into account the costs derived from management and production of the collective and individual rewards (many crowdfunding projects get in trouble for not having foreseen this issue well enough).
- Don't forget to consider the current commissions: 4% in terms of services provided by Goteo, and an average of 2% in terms of service charges, be that through bank transfer or Paypal.